Tuesday 9 October 2012

Bursting with happiness

Somtimes, having the little man is so brilliant I have to pinch myself. What a tiny joy giver he is. Last week, my parents visited in the afternoon and, as my lovely husband works from home, this meant that for those couple of hours, all my son's favourite people were in the same room. He loved it. In fact, by the end, he was dancing around in circles shouting "I'm so happy. I'm so happy". Isn't being a toddler great? To feel your emotions so vividly and express them so unapologetically. Perhaps I will take his lead and do the same next time I am feeling brimful with happiness - which is likely to be 6.30pm on Saturday when I collapse on the sofa with a glass of red wine ready to watch Strictly Come Dancing (okay, I will be recording it and putting the little man to bed at that time, but you get the sentiment). 

3 comments:

  1. HeHe! Your never to old to go dancing round in circles....Yeah! I do! Even at my age....
    Especially recently, with the 'all dancing..all singing' pink pig l had for my birthday....Made my day...Nay! week...Nay! year....!!! :>).
    Still a teenager at heart....All together now....
    "Ring-a-Ring roses...A pocket full of.....!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you! Ring a ring of roses has to be one of my favourites.

      Delete
  2. Times like that can be so, so rewarding. I love the description of your little man as a tiny joy giver. I agree, that as adults sometimes we should perhaps stop being so reserved and shout for joy when we feel it!

    ReplyDelete