Tuesday 8 January 2013

Look who's sharing

Yesterday, the little man had a friend to play. I love having other tiny people over as I see it as a good opportunity for him to learn to share his toys. You never know quite how that's going to go, so I watched with pained interest as his playmate's eyes rested on this Christmas' favourite present - the accordian.
It was a gift from my parents and since it was unwrapped, it has gone everywhere with him. I thought perhaps this musical acompaniment to my life might grate after a while but so far, it remains rather pleasant, like a one-man folk band following me about.
I went to fetch it and the moment he saw it, the little man stretched out and took it in his arms. Gently, I said that his friend had asked if he could play with it and suggested he go over and give it to him. I held my breath. Then, he walked over to our guest and gave him the accordian. Relief and pride flooded over me.
I know this generosity might only be temporary. That another day, he could fight tooth and nail before sharing but for the moment it seems to be going in the right direction and that's all I can ask for really.

4 comments:

  1. Yes! Lovely!
    When my daughter was small, the house was always full of her friends, even when we went out on a Saturday, 6-7-8 of them would jump in the car, and, we'd make a day of it....
    She was always a good sharer, even letting some of her school chums take 'certain' toys home...Which were always brought back...Trust....Even at that age, is a good learning experience....Well done...! :).

    "The Road To Success Is Always Under Construction".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the encouragement! Your daughter sounds like she was a lovely little girl.

      Delete
  2. Having a child that is a sharer is a godsend. It makes playdates SO much easier. Well done to you and your little man. It's a big thing for them to share their most favourite toy at this age, what a lovely little chap.

    ReplyDelete